My dog diesel on Sunday ate some small amount of couch foam. yesterday he wasn’t feeling good by not eating and drinking

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My dog diesel on Sunday ate some small amount of couch foam. yesterday he wasn’t feeling good by not eating and drinking for a bit after a few hours of helping him eat pumpkin and some soft dog food along with Pedialyte and water he got up and started eating and drinking on his own. He did poop out yesterday some of the pumpkin along with soft food and some fabric from the couch.Last night when eating he did eat slightly excessively and since this morning he has been a bit more lethargic along with drinking only a bit but hardly eating. He has vomited but it looks like most of the food from last night was digested and it looked like it was watery. He has also pooped about 30 min ago with some foam in it and it was chunky poop not hard. Needless to say I would just like to know if my baby either has parvo or and upset stomach
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: His tummy is a bit sensitive but after less than a minute of me rubbing on it he relaxes
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: diesel
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Diesel?
Customer: no
Answered by BrittanyB426 in 11 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
BrittanyB426
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi there!

Sounds like Diesel found some trouble, and I am so sorry he is not feeling well! One thing to worry most about when dogs eat things they shouldn't, is whether it can pass through the GI tract or not. With couch foam, I would worry that it could get stuck, causing a gastric or intestinal obstruction. It sounds like some foam has passed but also that some may still be in his stomach/intestinal tract. With him not eating much, and his belly tenderness, I would recommend having him seen at your local veterinary clinic as soon as possible. It could be all he needs is some fluids and medications, but he also may need surgery-and the sooner the better so he doesn't have any intestine die.

I hope it is nothing too serious and he starts to feel better soon!

Customer
Thank you

You are welcome! Hopefully Diesel is on the mend soon (and learns his lesson!)

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
BrittanyB426
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
BrittanyB426
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.