My dog just started limping about 20 minutes ago. It started soon as we left the door to take him for his last outing

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hello, my dog just started limping about 20 minutes ago. It started soon as we left the door to take him for his last outing tonight . He limped the whole time and i carried him into the house onto the bed . He won’t stand without almost falling , now he is cuddled up to me sleeping but i am afraid something is wrong . This suddenly happen. He has been perfectly fine all day and week! Tomorrow we are taking him to the vet to get his nails cut but afraid something serious may be wrong
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does anything look different with the dog's legs/feet?
Customer: No ma’am . My fiancé and i played with his pawls and nothing seemed to bother him . Just when he goes to stand and walk . Seems as if it’s his elbow or shoulder
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Polo , he is 2 years old will be 3 this October
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Polo?
Customer: He is a lab mix he is approximately 90 pounds and has all of his shots . Also had worms at 12 weeks old .
Answered by DeanaS124 in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
DeanaS124
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is*****'m an emergency veterinarian and I'm hoping to be of help to you and Polo tonight. Poor Polo! Is it one of his front legs that is bothering him? When he is limping, is he putting any weight on the leg or is he holding it up completely? Has he ever had any limping or orthopedic problems in the past? Lastly, is it possible that he may have been bit or stung by anything in the area?

Customer
Hello I’m Isaiah . Yes it is is right front leg . He is putting very little to no weight on it . Not holding it still but trying to walk . No problems in the past . Yes it is possible he may have been bit or stung . We have some wasp outside on my patio . We live in an apartment . Before i took him for his last walk tonight he was on the patio with my fiancé and she said he was perfectly fine out side with her
Customer
Texting is fine
Customer
File attached (T554S47)
Customer
The big dog is polo this is an old picture just wanted you to see him
Customer
Is there anything i can do or give him?

Hi I apologize I'm unable to speak on the phone right now. Polo is a very handsome boy! Is there any area on his leg that he is licking at or particularly painful about?

Customer
Just the limping and his paws. Another doctor just called i think his name is ***** ***** he said to give him 3 Benedryl tonight and call the vet tomorrow

If his pain seems tolerable, having your veterinarian evaluate it tomorrow will allow for full orthopedic examination and x-rays may be recommended based on their findings. When limping in a young dog starts so abruptly and there is the possibility of soft tissue injury such as bug bite or sting, trying courses of anti-inflammatory pain medications and rest is also a valid option.

Ah ok, well I hope this has been helpful, please let me know if you have anything further I may assist with!

Best of luck!

Customer
Do you agree with giving him the 3 benedryl ?
Customer
Hello
Oh yes, that may help and should not hurt!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DeanaS124
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
DeanaS124
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.