My dog cant seem to walk correctly and has no energy like her usual self. She hasnt eatten all day will since yesterday.

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: my dog cant seem to walk correctly and has no energy like her usual self
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long has the dog been lethargic? Any changes in her appetite?
Customer: she hasnt eatten all day will since yesterday
JA: Could she have eaten something unusual?
Customer: for 2 days not as far as ni know
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: diamond not sure on age but ive had her since she was a puppy for 3yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: she feels warm
Answered by DeanaS124 in 24 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
DeanaS124
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi, my name is*****'m an emergency veterinarian and I'm hoping to be of help to you and Diamond today. Poor girl she certainly sound like she isn't feeling herself. Can you describe her difficulty walking for me? Is she unable to stand at all like she's very weak, or is she trying to walk but walking abnormally? Has she had any health issues in the past or been on any medications previously? Has she had any throwing up or diarrhea? And could she have eaten anything unusual such as medications, food from the trash, or outdoor plants?

Customer
Hello one moment while i gather ur anserws6
Customer
When she jumped off the couch yesterday is when i noticed her difficulty walking she sort of stumbled and swayed...she can stand but not for long and has been lying down for awhile now. No history health problems and no diarrhea or vomit.
Customer
She is always getting into the trash but thats normal for her nvr has this happened before...and no grass or unknown foods were eatin.

What type of dog is Diamond?

Customer
Pitbull/ bullmasstiff

I see, it is quite concerning that she feels so weak, it is possible she sustained injury to one of limbs or even her neck. There also may be systemic reasons she isn't feeling well such as electrolyte imbalances or metabolic abnormalities. Since it's been 2 days and she hasn't shown much improvement I recommend that Diamond be taken to a veterinarian for full examination and possible tests such as bloodwork and/or X-rays that may help to better figure out what is going on and hopefully help her to feel better.

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with, I wish you and Diamond the best of luck!

Customer
No injurys to her neck..cause she is a lazy dog..she jumps gates occasionaly but thats it...she was with or hanging around a dog i noticed that was sick.
Customer
I pointed out to that dogs owner that he had blood in his poop.
Customer
Could she hv caught something from him?

It is possible that Diamond may have picked up something contagious, however, if the other dog was demonstrating bloody stool, I would expect signs of gastrointestinal upset such as vomiting or diarrhea from Diamond as well.

Customer
But nothing
Customer
Like that

I understand, so I think if Diamond is still showing signs of difficulty walking and lethargy she should be taken to a veterinarian for full examination and diagnostic testing as she may require medications to help her to feel better.

Customer
Ok thank you
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DeanaS124
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
DeanaS124
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.