Tongue, fast pace breathing, short shallow breaths, First time its happend no cough. Luna and 1 year of age

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: white tongue, fast pace breathing, short shallow breaths,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does this strange breathing happen all the time or only sometimes? Does the dog have a cough as well?
Customer: first time its happend no cough
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: luna and 1 year of age
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Luna?
Customer: NO
Answered by DeanaS124 in 20 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
DeanaS124
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Customer
The dog has also began to cough

Hi My name is*****'m an Emergency veterinarian and I'm hoping to be of help to you and Luna. It is very concerning that Luna is breathing rapidly and that her tongue is white. Has Luna every done anything like this before? Is she currently responsive and able to stand and walk? Is there any chance she may have gotten into anything or experienced any trauma?

Customer
She seems to be slowly moving a bit more but she wasnt alert or moving at first
Customer
this is the first time it has happend

With signs of respiratory distress and pale tongue or gums I have to recommend that Luna be taken to a veterinary clinic as soon as possible for evaluation as her condition sounds life threatening, she may be experiencing anemia (low blood count) or may have an occlusion of her airway. There they may perform things like x-rays and bloodwork and provide her with care.

I wish you and Luna the best of luck, please let me know if there is any way I can assist further.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
DeanaS124
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
DeanaS124
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.