I found a loose pit-/boxer that is well trained and seems to be well fed. I don’t know if it just got out from someone’s

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I found a loose pit-bull/boxer that is well trained and seems to be well fed. I don’t know if it just got out from someone’s yard or got abandoned but I’m not sure what to do next. I’m worried he will get put down if I call animal control and I don’t know if any vets are open right now to see if he is chipped. Any suggestions?
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. What's the Pit Bull's name and age?
Customer: I have no idea what it’s name is, but it’s age is probably close to a few months shy of three. Possiable two.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about,?
Customer: No. The dogs seems to be in perfect health and isn’t displaying any signs of physical or emotional injury.
Answered by Dr. Jessica Pet Vet in 3 mins 2 years ago
imglogo
Dr. Jessica Pet Vet
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hi. I'm Dr. Jessica.

You should take the dog to the emergency clinic to be scanned for a microchip. Is there an emergency clinic near you?

Customer
Not that I know of. I will look one up now.
Customer
It looks like there is one in my city.

Great news! If she has a chip she can be returned to her family quickly! If not then they will guide you to whom to contact for her to go to a shelter.

Customer
Okay, thank you for your help ����

No problem! Glad to help!

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Jessica Pet Vet
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Jessica Pet Vet
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.