How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Amber Hinson Your Own Question
Amber Hinson
Amber Hinson,
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 164
Experience:  Veterinarian at American Canine Detection Services
94953389
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Amber Hinson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My black lab has undoubtedly ate something toxic. He came in

Customer Question

My black lab has undoubtedly ate something toxic. He came in drooling with a lethargic unwell look. I have no idea what he ate, but his breathing is labored and he's unresponsive
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what the lab ate?
Customer: No like I said I don't know what he ate. He went outside and came in like that...there's no telling. I don't have anything I'm aware of out that's toxic, but that doesn't mean there's nothing been put out there. I have a lot of land
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the lab?
Customer: He's 115 lbs. Healthy, 4 years old
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My dogs not doing so well...
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 6 days ago.

This sounds like an emergency and he needs to see a vet ASAP. What is he doing now?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He's dead and there wasn't a vet available, but thanks for getting back to me.
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 6 days ago.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear this. Any idea of what he could have gotten into?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm not sure. I made a point to not have anything out because he was bad about eating anything that could even possibly be construed as food. I'm not sure what happened
Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 6 days ago.

It sounds like some type of poisoning. Nothing around like rat poison? Could he have gone to a neighbors ate ingested something? Do you have any other pets? Are they OK?

Expert:  Amber Hinson replied 4 days ago.

.