Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dr.. We have a two and a half year old Japanese Chin that we

Customer Question

Good morning, Dr. Andy. We have a two and a half year old Japanese Chin that we got from a breeder, and randomly he has these little one two three minute muscle spasm type seizures. He does not urinate defecate or vomit oh, he does not seem to be in pain, and he just seems to shake either mildly or severely for a few minutes till it subsides. After that is perfectly normal and runs around and looks for treats as usual. Any thoughts? And thanks so much...
JA: Hi there. I know how frightening seizures can be. Let's get you talking to the Vet right away. Is there anything else you'd like me to share about the Japanese Chin?
Customer: He's up to date on all his Meds & Vaccinations. Our Vet says his Blood work is fine & says we'd have to have him tested while he's having the seizure, which is been impossible since they're so quick.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 days ago.
Hi. My name is Dr Bruce. Thank you for your question. Has your vet specifically seen one of these events? How often are they happening? One a month? One every couple months?