My dog Moses had a bilateral dew claw removal 3 1/2 weeks ago. From what I understand the procedure was botched and the

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Hi, my dog Moses had a bilateral dew claw removal 3 1/2 weeks ago. From what I understand the procedure was botched and the wound needs to heal without sutures. Tonight he pulled off his bandage. He has an appointment with the vet for a dressing change tomorrow. What materials do we use to dress it for the night and so he stops licking it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: No bleeding
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Moses
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Moses?
Customer: No
Answered by Scott Perry in 1 min 3 years ago
imglogo
Scott Perry
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello! My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Moses took off his bandage and you need some guidance on what to use to bandage the foot until your appointment. Is that a correct summary of your question?
Customer
please
Customer
Photo of wound
There are a few things you need. First, a material called cotton wrap is helpful to form a primary layer. Then, an elastic wrap, or athletic bandage can be applied over that. Finally, probably the most important part is to put a cone on Moses so that he is unable to chew the foot.
That will prevent any further damage. Does that help to answer your question?
Just checking in. Did I help to answer your question?

Just checking in on Moses. Did I help to answer your question?

Customer
thanks!
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Scott Perry
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Scott Perry
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.