My dog just ate one sweet tart. She is 6.5lbs. It was pink colored one. Is it toxic to her? A pink sweettart candy. She

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My dog just ate one sweet tart. She is 6.5lbs. It was pink colored one. Is it toxic to her?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: Yes a pink sweettart candy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: She is 6.5 pounds in weight
Answered by Dr Scott Nimmo in 2 mins 4 years ago
imglogo
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Dog Medicine, Dog Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today, please allow me ten minutes or so to review your question and type things up, I will then get straight back to you.

Hello again,

I have very quickly worked out an answer for you below.

1. Good news! This should not be toxic to your dog in any way, the chances are she will be unaffected by this. I have just checked out the ingredients of this product at the manufacturer's website, there is nothing there which will harm your dog, no toxic artificial sweeteners such as Xylitol which would be your main worry.

2. Your dog should be just fine so there are no special precautions you need to take. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that if her condition changes in any way or indeed if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Customer
Great thanks!

No problem, very glad to be advising you and thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Please let me know how things go.

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott

Hi, I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going? Dr Scott Nimmo
Read less
unlike
41 Likes
logoBack
logologo
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.