Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a small dog with anal gland issues I have come home…

Customer Question
She is a small...

She is a small dog with anal gland issues I have come home today to find that she has not been eating. She has been scooting her bottom on the floor, eating lots of grass and now on the bed on her back with a stomach or bowl growling. She growls at me if I go near her tummy and it does feel hot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Mane is Nala and nearly 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Nala

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nala?

Her only health issues have been what the previous vet described as dietry related

Submitted: 14 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 14 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed in the last few days (even if your pet regularly receives it)? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication? Toxin ingestion?