Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 14 year old pug who suddenly went deaf 2 years ago.

I have a 14...

I have a 14 year old pug who suddenly went deaf 2 years ago. No problem for her. Three years ago, she scratched her eye, and after the vet's wonderful effort, her eye had to be removed. Again,no problem, very happy dog. Last week, her remaining eye was blinking and became a slit. Long story short, back to the vet who said it was an ulcer, and she would board her there and do eyedrops 3 times daily and she wore a cone and had antibiotics.. She was due to come home today--eye looked wonderful and suddenly it started to act up. Thankfully we were still at the vet's, and she said it was an infection--and thought now she might lose the eye. She will then be deaf and blind. What should I do if this happens? Will she still love life?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

Reba

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Reba?

No, in fact being a pug, she's had lots of medical problems and all the vets there know her and her conditions very well. I trust her very much--Reba has been a patient over 5 years, so they know everything about her.

7/13/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian with over 30 years experience. I will do my best to help. I am sorry to hear Reba is in danger of losing her one good eye. I hope it can still be saved.

I have known many dog to lose both eyes, and they all still loved life. I would not hesitate to remove the second eye, if this were my own dog, if I could not save the eye and the eye was painful.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am so sorry but I can't make calls for the website. That offer comes automatically and not from me.

Please let me know if I can answer other questions for you here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** *****'t forget she is deaf also

Yes I saw that she is deaf. That does not change my opinion. She can still smell, and if you don't move the furniture she will know quickly how to get around the house.

If she were mine, and the eye is painful and can't be saved, I would remove it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
keeps coming through on my cell as not valid---hope this is not a scam----you have my visa # and I requested a phone call and now says "too busy" If I do not receive a call on(###) ###-#### I will be reporting this

I have had many clients consider euthanasia rather than have their dog be blind, and every time I talk them out of euthanasia no one has regretted it.

As I said, I can't make calls for the website. If the offer of a call is not accepted, you should not be charged.

I answer questions; I have no access to payment information. Please contact customer service on the drop down menu if you have any questions about payments.

The website send the phone offer to all questions. I can't make calls.

Please let me know if you are seeing my answers, and if you have other questions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But you are charging me for a call!!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cancel out entire thing please!

I am not charging you for anything. I just answer questions, and have not access to your credit card.

The website will not charge you, if I do not accept the phone request.

I can't cancel anything. Please contact customer service on the drop down menu.

I take questions every day where the customer, like you, is offered a phone call and I do not accept the request. They are not charged.

I am just a veterinarian, working for the website, answering questions. I only see your question, not payment information.

This site has a 100% money back guarantee, if you are not happy with my answers. Just contact customer service, using the drop down menu.

My best wishes for you and for Reba. I hope she has many happy years left.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** I am just upset and needed to talk right now.

I totally understand; I would be upset if it were my own dog. But better blind, and alive.

I am sorry I can't call; it is a restriction on my veterinary license.

You are welcome; please let me know if you have more questions and how she is doing.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
TWO DAYS LATER---I AM OUT $28.00, YOU NOW HAVE MY VISA # AND THERE HAS BEEN NO RESPONSE. UNBELIEVABLE.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
DO NOT THINK "DOG VETERINARIAN" EVEN EXISTS.

As I told you before, I can't return your money; I do not have access to any payment information. Please contact customer service. Use the drop down menu please.

I just answer questions for the website. I am a veterinarian.

When you post here, only I see it, not customer service. Please contact the website if you are unhappy.

I will try to report it for you, but it would be faster if you contact them using the drop down menu.

I am sorry you were displeased with my answers. My best wishes for you and your dog.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, this is not aimed at you. I apologize. You answered my question very well--you gave your opinion, and I agree. Please understand Reba's sudden blindness in the remaining eye came as a shock to me; I struck out at the wrong people. You were compassionate and understanding. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hi Rebecca, my pug is not getting better. She has been boarding at the vet 3 weeks; vet called yesterday and said she'd need another 6 weeks there for eyedrops and still no guarantee of saving the eye. I decided to have eye removed---surgery tomorrow. Took her home yesterday; she's a totally different dog---no tail wagging, seems scared, does not want to touched etc. It is my decision that at 14 she should be here where she's loved, even if blind and deaf---just hoping she will be happy and healthy. Thank you for all your support.

Sorry, your question was locked and I could not respond until now.

How is she doing? Did she have surgery? I think you made the right choice.