Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an Akita who just ate ridx from a box. I have vomit…

Customer Question
I have an Akita...

I have an Akita who just ate ridx from a box. I have vomit on the floor. I walked into my room with both dogs eager to go outside. Then saw vomit then the box chewed into and maybe 1/3 of it gone.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Akita will be able to digest that. What is the Akita's name and age?

Zoey and zane 7 and 5yrs

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
It should have been some time in past 2 hours up to a few mins before I walked in they did this.
7/11/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Leah Hill, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 days ago
Dr. Leah Hill
Dr. Leah Hill, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr Hill. Are they acting normal otherwise?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Yea I'm concerned because its a big box. I would say height 12" x 8 " x 3"
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
fairly normal

OK, the good news is that Rid X is not toxic per se as it contains mostly enzymes and bacteria but it can cause GI upset-which we are seeing already. I would start both dogs on Pepcid (antacid) and a bland diet. Its possible they could have some more vomiting and potentially diarrhea but the bland diet will help with both. The bland diet I would use boiled chicken, white rice +/- low fat cottage cheese. Send me their weighs and I will give you a dose for Pepcid

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
You never answered anything useful! This is stupid! You can't even fill your offers!

ok ill opt out since I cant help you

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Dog was poisoned and you couldn't call and never did call! If you think you should be paid your a thief! You never answered about what to do in the txt. YOU GAVE NO EXPERT ADVISE AT ALL! I CALL ANOTHER PLACE WHILE WAITING ON YOU AND GOT ANSWERS AND PAID AND YOU STILL DON'T HAVE ANSWERS! You have not provided! Your charges will be [email protected]!!!!