Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has vomited 5 times today. Once in the early am and 4…

Customer Question
My dog has vomited...

My dog has vomited 5 times today. Once in the early am and 4 times in the last 6 hours.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No, she’s being treated for a bacterial infection on her tail. We’re on day 13 of the 2nd round of treatment. Our vet prescribed oral antibiotics, which we finished today. She also prescribed Mupirocin, which I apply 2X a day. I’m wrapping the infected area with gauze and them the sticky wound tape. Last night, we had to go out for my Mom’s 95th birthday. When we got home, Cocoa had chewed off the wrap; it appeared to be 100%in tact, however, so I don’t think she swallowed any of it. Could the ointment have poisoned her?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is your dog's name and age?

Cocoa and she’s just under 8 years. She has always been very healthy. In the 7 years we’ve had her, she’s only vomited twice before.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cocoa?

Cocoa was on prednisone for the infection, but finished it on Saturday. The infection is better, but I don’t think it’s entirely cured. We’re scheduled to see the vet tomorrow for a follow up.

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
7/11/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DrSarah, Veterinarian replied 9 days ago
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! I'm sorry no one was able to help you earlier. Do you still need assistance?