Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog ate one detox foot pad. What should I do?? He’s

Customer Question

My dog ate one detox foot pad. What should I do?? He’s acting normal right now, but I’m afraid he will be harmed.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: He is an eight month old German shepherd husky mix. He is drinking water.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question. How long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Within the last 3 hours. We left the house at 7:20 and returned home around 10:20 to see one of the detox foot pads eaten.

Ok. I had to go online to search what these detox foot pads look like. They come in various sizes, but for the most part, they don't look that significant as far as "bulk" of the material. The amount of foreign / non-digestible material from this seems to be way less than say a small sock being eaten. What is in the actual detox foot pad? That is something that I can't pin down as there are various things in the various products. Inducing vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide can be done ( 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds given orally with some milk - repeat in 10 minutes one time if not successful with the first one).

How is your guy doing at this time? I'm curious to hear back.