Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He is an eight yes. He is an 8 year old lab he getting sick…

He is an eight...

He is an eight yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

He is an 8 year old lab he getting sick to his stomick at least once a day. What can i give him?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He does not seem to hurt any where just sick

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Bently

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bently?

No has been very healthy

6/8/2018
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Bently. I'm so sorry you are having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

To start with, I want to let you know that I understand your question is what can you give Bently for the vomiting. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is that if your goal is to help Bently with his vomiting, just "giving him something" isn't really the best plan. That's because many, many different things can cause this type of vomiting in a dog Bently's age, and they all have different treatments.

Since this has been going for a while and hasn't gotten better on its own, it's time for a trip to the vet to determine the cause and develop a plan for what can be done about it.
The only steps you can take at home are to try feeding him a bland diet and make sure he's recently been dewormed with a product like fenbendazole. I can get you more information on that below. (I'll be typing more while you read this).

Does this help answer your question for now?

PS: You may ignore any automated prompts for a phone call, if you wish, and we can keep chatting this way. Just type in what you want to say, then click REPLY or SEND. On the other hand, if you wish to make a phone call, I am available for that as well.

Thank you,

Dr. Jo

This is a source where you can buy a good dewormer without a prescription. That's something you can try:

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=13555

And click on this link to learn what other steps you can take to try to manage vomiting at home:

https://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/pet-health/home-care-for-the-vomiting-dog/

In any case, if the vomiting persists in spite of trying these things, it's time for a trip to the vet.

I'm so sorry Bently is ill, but hope he gets relief quickly.

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Thank you

You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with for now?