Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

MY 6 YEAR OLD POODLE HAS BEEN PEEING IN THE HOUSE. SHE HAS A…

MY 6 YEAR OLD...

MY 6 YEAR OLD POODLE HAS BEEN PEEING IN THE HOUSE. SHE HAS A POTTY PAD THAT SHE WAS USING . THIS MORNING SHE PEED ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR. I SAW HER AND PUSHED HER FACE IN THE PEE. SHE BITE ME!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the poodle's name?

Snuggles

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Snuggles?

She has become very nerviness when I leave her. hates going in the car. she is 6 years old

6/2/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am here waiting to hear from you.

I am sorry to hear Snuggles has been urinating in the house. When a dog starts to do this, it is often due to a urinary tract infection (UTI). It may not be her fault; she may not be able to control it.

It is never a good idea to "rub a dog's nose in it" as punishment. It does not stop them urinating indoors. Were you bitten badly?

As I said, give me a moment to type my answers! I type, it goes to the website, and then to you.

I would start with a urinalysis to check to see if she has a UTI.

I am so sorry but I can't make calls for the website. That offer came from them, not me!

I can answer questions here.

ok lets see what I should do for my baby?

The best place to start is to do a urinalysis, to see if she has an infection, and needs antibiotics.

If she does have a UTI, she needs antibiotics, and that should stop her urinating in the house.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Tell me what I should do. I dont like the text message please send answers here.
DocPaul
Phone call session started
i think this is a rip off.

I am not texting. I am typing answers that the website sends to the device of your choice.

I hope you are seeing that I recommend doing a urinalysis, to check for an infection.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?