Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a Pit Mix, and I noticed she was acting strange

Customer Question
She is a Pit...

She is a Pit Mix, and I noticed she was acting strange yesterday and when I brushed her today , I found a lump on her left ribcage, She could stand to lose a few pounds, but she acts like it is something more than fat. This a Dog who holds my hand every night when we sleep.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the pit?

She only wants treats and is now drinking alot of water. If she does not get her wet food mixed with Iams she gets unhappy. She is 3.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 22 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
She is sleeping now and ate.. I massage it and she did not get up set. She is a little over weight so it might be fat. Thank you

Will you please attach pictures or video of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If your files won’t load they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If, by chance, you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.