Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Well started out with double ear infection. Treated and sent…

Customer Question
Well started out with...

Well started out with double ear infection. Treated and sent home but now 2 weeks tomorrow and very worse condition she can't stand up, walk, eat or drink on her own. They have now took exrays and tried to tell us she has spinal issues with her vertebra and if all this medication does not work that we will need to have MRI and have surgery. Nobody knows our little 4 pound yorkie like my husband and I and I am positive she is not having this extreme pain from her spine or neck. Now that I have been online reading I have learned about inner ear infections that can cause all these symptoms too. She screams out a lot and is showing pain but not from spine. We are giving her lots and lots of meds but not one of these is an antibiotic.........she says the next step is MRI and surgery which I can not afford, but I swear her ears could really be this yorkie problem. Please advise

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the Yorkie's name?

Diamond

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Diamond?

I think we need a second opinion and we have already spent over $1000 for them to say surgery or put to sleep. She is 6 years old and I know she has lots of life left.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Tom Crippen, Dog Veterinarian replied 21 days ago
Tom Crippen
Tom Crippen, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, my names Tom I'm a vet in the UK, hopefully I will be able to help. Sorry to hear Diamond is not feeling too great. Is it possible to get copies of the xrays at all? Usually if they are digital your vets could send them as a jpg. to you and you can then post them on here, I can have a look and then hopefully be able to advise a bit more. Thanks, Tom