Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just gave a 3 lb puppy (8 wks old) a dose of Revolution…

Customer Question
I just gave a...

I just gave a 3 lb puppy (8 wks old) a dose of Revolution for puppies. I did not realize that my daughter had alread given him the Revolution the day before. Will this hurt the puppy?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Minnie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Minnie?

No, she's healthy

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your puppy received a double dose of Revolution in the last 2 days. Is that a correct summary of the situation?

No, I don't want to call you . Just need an answer
I'm still waiting, and no...I do not want to call

That is fine. You do not have to accept the phone call offer. It is automatically offered by the website, but I can answer your question with text chat only if you prefer it. I am typing my response now. Please bear with me a moment longer.

This is considered an overdose, but you are in a good position right now to wash off the material that you recently put on the skin. It takes 1-2 days for the Revolution product to work its way into the skin, so if you bathe today then that should wash off the majority of the last dose, and it might also wash some of what your daughter put on the skin yesterday. The issues with an overdose to monitor are generalized shaking, difficulty walking, muscle tremors, and seizures. This should be monitored for the next 1-2 days as a precaution, but if you bathe today then it will be unlikely to occur.

Does that help to answer your question?

Just checking in. Are you still connected?

How is Minnie doing?