Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a dog that is becoming animac, what is the best home…

Customer Question
I have a dog...

I have a dog that is becoming animac, what is the best home remedy?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She deals with skin allergies and is super sensitive to fleas, she and her daughters are suffering.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Right now , her and her pups are not under any kinds of medication. What can I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

My vet, will not talk to me:)

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
6/1/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian

Hello! As a licensed veterinarian I am happy to assist you!

Unfortunately, there is no "home remedy" for anemia. However, if your dog has fleas, these are the likely cause and need to be treated (or she and the pups will continue to become progressively more anemic. **This can be life threatening for the puppies and needs to be treated**

Can you please provide the age of the puppies? I can then recommend age appropriate flea treatment (this can be purchased from any pet store but you must be careful with young pups). Thank you!