Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I was spraying ortho home defense insect killer outside and…

Customer Question
I was spraying ortho...

I was spraying ortho home defense insect killer outside and my 9 month old puppy just licked some. I immediately took her in to get water. Is there anything I should do? Is she going to be ok?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Oreo

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

I get a lot of these cases this time of year

Is she salivating or retching at all?

Paul

No just happened 10 minuets ago. She only licked it 1 that I saw.

She is going to be fine :)

No treatment needed

You can give food and water as per usual

I hope that helps!

Okay?

Paul

Ooo thank you so much

Very welcome

Drop me a note later tonight to let me know all is well

You can rate me now- I will leave link open for you :)

Paul