Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have discovered a black mole on my senior dog's head. It…

Customer Question
I have discovered a black...
I have discovered a black mole on my senior dog's head. It appears to be slow growing and there is no irritation. He is 17 years old and I am reluctant to have it surgically removed. Does this require anesthesia for removal? Thank you. *****
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 23 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Jenn, can you upload a photo(s) of this "black mole" to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you

Our messages may have crossed. This is what I posted above your last post: "Jenn, can you upload a photo(s) of this "black mole" to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it."

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I am trying to upload the picture. Will be a few. Thanks

No worries. I'll watch for your next post.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Did forward picture to your email. Was not able to load it on my reply. Sorry if it's blurry. Thank you Jennifer Debideen

I'll watch for it. If you sent it to customer service, it can take up to 24 hours to get to me, Jennifer.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It's a small black shiny nodule

It's unlikely to represent anything dangerous but I'll know more after seeing the photo.