Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog ate 2 or 3 pieces of chocolate turtles. Brady 7

Customer Question
My dog ate 2...

My dog ate 2 or 3 pieces of chocolate turtles

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?

Brady 7 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brady?

He’s about 9 pounds and he’s a Maltese and shi Zhu mix. The chocolate was dark chocolate with cashews, and pecans

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Please, what do I do?
5/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DrSarah, Veterinarian replied 24 days ago
DrSarah
DrSarah, Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Sarah, a veterinarian with over 10 years experience and am here to help! How much does Brady weigh?

Oh, I see...9 pounds! Please give me a minute to type.

Assuming that they were milk chocolate, I doubt Brady will have any issues from a toxicity standpoint...there's enough other stuff in the candy to dilute out the chocolate.

That being said, he may get some agitation or upset belly. If that occurs I recommend 5mg pepcid AC twice daily and some bland food like boiled chicken and rice for a few days. He may not have any issues at all.

Keep me updated! Please let me know if I can help in any other way!

Kindly consider rating my answer 5 stars using the stars at the top of the page; I am not compensated for my time otherwise. You can always follow up with questions after rating.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Well your assumption is wrong, it was dark chocolate, and they were really big pieces. That being said since my dog is so small and this question was not responded to until more than 2 hours later it would have been too late. The response was within minutes to ask for a f**king charge to my card, yet my dog could have been digesting the possibly toxic chocolate.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I got him to throw it up, and your response due to the untimely fashion will get the least rating possible

I'm sorry no one was able to help you earlier. I just signed on and saw your question and answered.

I will forward this onto customer service.