Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog can’t walk. He was fine earlier. and 14 golden

Customer Question
Second opinion] My dog...

Second opinion] My dog can’t walk

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

He was fine earlier

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?

Jack and 14 golden retriever

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jack?

I’m devastated

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
He has hip displashia
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hell
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Help
5/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Jack? Have you taken him to his vet? Are all four limbs affected or just front limbs or hind limbs?

Elderly dogs reluctant to rise and walk may be too painful to do so, suffer from geriatric weakness, or are now paretic (weak) or paralyzed due to a myelopathy (spinal cord disorder) such as intervertebral/degenerative disk disease (a "slipped disk"), fibrocartilaginous embolism (an interruption in the blood supply to the spinal cord), or perhaps due to a tumor in or around the spinal cord.