Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is an 11 year old yorkie poo. He is very lethargic,

Customer Question
My dog is an...

My dog is an 11 year old yorkie poo. He is very lethargic, doesn’t seem to be interested in anything that he usually likes. He is barely eating and when I left the house for a few hours he had a few accidents in the house which is not normal for him. He seems to have short bursts of normalcy but then he returns to laying down.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?

Dolce

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

Yes he is also doing this coughing/gagging thing sporadically

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Thank you for your response. He was worse this morning when we woke up and we are currently at the vets office. He was disoriented his white blood cells are up and according to the X-ray his heart is enlarged.

I'm very sorry to hear. Do you need additional support today since you've already pursued veterinary assistance in person?

No thanks! There’s not much else to do right now except to wait for results. Thank you so much though

Sure thing.