Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 11 year old pit was diagnosed with kennel cough Saturday,

Customer Question
My 11 year old...

My 11 year old pit bull was diagnosed with kennel cough Saturday, the 26, she got an antibiotic shot and antibiotics to take by mouth, plus mucinex once a day, she is still not eating and looks terrible, she's drinking a little bit of water, not as much as she normally does, should I take her to an animal er

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the pit's name?

Missy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Missy?

She has had some cancerous spots removed, but all is fine there, she had blood work and fecal tests done Saturday

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 24 days ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is she coughing up mucus at all? Does she seem warm to the touch?

Looks like you are not online at the moment. I am about to log out now. If you answer I can help you out as soon as I log back in?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
She is not coughing anythingdd up, and she does feel a little warm to the touch, although when the vet checked her Saturday she had no fever
OK thanks for the additional information. Is she having any problems with breathing? If she is breathing heavy or seems lethargic I would recommend having her looked at to have xrays done to rule out something more serious
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I will just bring her to the vet tomorrow