Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Loose bowel wont eat and very weak. Lucky and he is 5 years…

Customer Question
Loose bowel wont eat...

Loose bowel wont eat and very weak

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Lucky and he is 5 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lucky?

Dog walker said he ate a chicken bone Sunday when he walked him

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 19 days ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Any vomiting?

Friend, as you may have already suspected the bone could be obstructed in the gastrointestinal tract. If he does have an obstructed bone and this goes untreated the outcome could be fatal. For this reason, I would strongly recommend having him checked tonight by ER veterinarian, do not wait. It is important to rule out an obstruction. Unfortunately, not much you can do at home, I am sorry.

I realize that this answer may not be entire to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
no just text
Friend, as you may have already suspected the bone could be obstructed in the gastrointestinal tract. If he does have an obstructed bone and this goes untreated the outcome could be fatal. For this reason, I would strongly recommend having him checked tonight by ER veterinarian, do not wait. It is important to rule out an obstruction. Unfortunately, not much you can do at home, I am sorry.I realize that this answer may not be entire to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon! Dr. Peter
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 16 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian