Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is a Yorkie about 10lbs she is very sluggish, not…

Customer Question
My dog is a...

My dog is a Yorkie about 10lbs she is very sluggish, not interested in eating and moving very slowly. What do I give her to help

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is your dog's name and age?

Chloe and she is 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chloe?

No not really she was in the hospital 5 years ago and it was determined that the treats she was eating caused her some liver damage. My wife knows all the facts but she is working.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 23 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

Sorry for delay getting to you

How long has she been like this?

Eating and drinking?

Paul

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Last two days. I took her for a long walk yesterday but she was so sluggish and I’m concerned she may be constipated, she only peed on her walk which is not like her
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I really want to wait until my wife is home
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Did you want to set a time for a call

Sure

What works for you :)

Busy getting our five young children to bed LOL

Paul

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Haha been through that stage, I want my wife here because she has all Chloe’s information. She will not be home until 10:30 Toronto time. I’m not sure what your time zone is.

My brother lives in Toronto

We are all from Winnipeg

I am in Minnesota

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it’s 8:45 there one hour difference.

Yes sir