Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Thick worm with round ridges about 2 inches. Bear 4 years…

Customer Question
Thick worm with round...

Thick worm with round ridges about 2 inches

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Bear 4 years old English Cream golden

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Bear

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bear?

He's 85 lbs. I do give him heartworm meds monthly...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am unable to make phone calls, so if that is what you want, let me know, and I can opt out to allow another expert who can make calls to take over. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

What heartworm prevention is he on?

Does this worm look more flat or rounded like spaghetti?

Is it possible for you to take a picture of the worm and post it or attach it to your next message?

Interceptor Plus - I will get a photo to you. It's very thick with ridges looks like a larvae of some sort?

Thanks. A picture would be very helpful. Where do you see this worm? Was it just laying on his feces, or did you actually see it come out when he defecated?

I texted a photo. It is very strange.
It came out on his walk...
Flat and wide and hard. Maybe it's not even a worm. Something he might have eaten?

You will actually have to attach the photo to the message using the paper clip icon above. It won't come through if texted.