Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He’s has had diarrhea with blood in poop for about a week.

Customer Question
He’s has had diarrhea...

He’s has had diarrhea with blood in poop for about a week. He has now developed white spots in his mouth. He is eating ok & urinating fine. Bloody poop & diarrhea for a week

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

The dog name is ***** ***** is 4 yrs old pug & beagle mix but overweight

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 23 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

This is acute enteritis and colitis

We can manage this at home okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Can this be life threatening

Not really

Unless the underlying cause is more serious

She is young so unlikely

Paul

Are you still there?

Do you still want help?

Paul