Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

6 month old mix breed puppy, vomiting and refusing food.

Customer Question
6 month old mix...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

Soft large stools, mat have eaten part of Seresto collar from other dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

JOEY

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about JOEY?

No, otherwise healthy young dog

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 26 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

How long has this been going on for?

Paul

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Around 12 hrs. He ate breakfast, threw up, refused food since 10am
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Just vomited liquid only now with so.e grass.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
My phone is dying. Oh well. I will call my vet in a.m.

Thanks

I hope that this is just acute gastritis

Lets not offer any food tonight

Water and pedialye and no salt chicken broth are fine

Give Pepcid AC at 1.0 mg/kg twice daily to settle stomach

Update me in two hours

Paul

Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 23 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul