Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

6 lb male Yorkie, diarrhea on and off for 4 days. Stomach…

Customer Question
6 lb male Yorkie...

6 lb male Yorkie, diarrhea on and off for 4 days. Stomach churning all last night, feaver earlier but with a little asprin he started feeling better. He didn't eat yesterday but ate some today. His stomach is hard and he is in pain. What can we do until we can get him to the vet in the morning?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Giorgio

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Giorgio?

He has had a chiropractor appointment once a week for the past 3 weeks to help with 3 vertebrae that was painful. He seems better in aspect. He is 10 yrs old. Won't eat dog food so I bake chicken most of the time.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
This is taking longer than anticipated. As soon as I paid the wait time said 8 minutes. That was almost 30 minutes ago.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 22 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

Crazy busy this long weekend with all clinics closed

Still there?

Paul

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
still here

Okay good

This is acute gastroenteritis

We can manage this at home

Give Imodium at 0.1 mg/kg three times daily

And Give Pepcid AC 1.0 mg/kg twice daily

NO food tonight

Water, pedialyte and no salt chicken broth are fine to encourage drinking

Update me in two hours time

I will adjust the plan based on response

Okay?

Paul