Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dachsund ate a costco brand chocolate protein bar. His…

Customer Question
My dachsund ate a...

My dachsund ate a costco brand chocolate protein bar

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 5 years old and around 15lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucca?

He is having diarrhea now but that’s it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

There is no risk of toxicity here

But as you have seen we might see diarrhea

You can give Imodium at 0.1 mg/kg three times daily for two days

That will solve the problem

Okay?

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul