Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Second opinion] My dog had his paw stuck in a gate 3 weeks…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My dog had...
Second opinion] My dog had his paw stuck in a gate 3 weeks ago the wound has held but around (circular) wound is swollen and he is limpingJA: I'll do all I can to help. Is your dog bleeding a lot?Customer: NoJA: Phew. What is the dog's name?Customer: RockyJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rocky?Customer: No
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Is someone ever going to answer its been almost 2 hrs
5/29/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I reviewed your previous conversation. The photo shows swelling cranial (toward the head) to the original wound but I can't see the wound site itself. Can you take another photo, please? The swelling can arise from blood pooling as the laceration interrupted blood flow into the paw or, less likely, infection has arisen. It's best that Rocky's surgeon recheck this area.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you but becasue of the late response I had to just go to the vet

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. That was the best action you could take.