Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Dog has had Diarrhea for a few months. I have on the

Customer Question
My Dog has had...

My Dog has had Diarrhea for a few months. I have on the recommendations pf animal experts changes pf diets, peptal bismal and Diagel in a 2 day dosage, i am feeding him a vet recommended food. Nothing had stopped it the diagel wprked for 1 day. I was thinking of Kaopectate, it works great on humans. Would this work on my dog? The vets where i live are worthless. Any other recommendations for over the counter remedies. The stool exam showed no parasites.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?

The dogs name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cain?

He had a bout with mini seizures, that was effectively treated with Phenobarbatal. He has a thyroid condition which is working well.

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 27 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you tell me more about Cain? What breed is he? What diagnostics has your vet performed thus far? What color is the stool? Any blood? Any vomiting?