Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was walking around as if she were dizzy. And not able…

Customer Question
My dog was walking...

My dog was walking around as if she were dizzy. And not able to stand completely. She peed out something that didn’t appear to be urine and I can’t tell if it came from her vagina or butt. She has been mostly sleeping.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is your dog's name and age?

Ginger and she is 15.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ginger?

Lately she’s been sleeping most of the day. The last six months or so. She’s a Yorkie! She seems pretty happy and sleeps most of the day but still has burst of energy where she wants to play and run!

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
After her dizzy spell! I tried to rush her to a hospital, but the one i knew of was closed. I watched her sleep and she seems fine now but she is resting.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you. I look forward to your answer on this...!
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 24 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Did you happen to collect a video of what you witnessed?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I ended up rushing her to the emergency room. All of her vitals and blood work is great and normal. It was $500 later. Doctor thought it may be a spinal injury.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
She’s on pain medication. I am allowing her to just rest and in 24 hours we are doing another doctor visit

It sounds like you have already been to the vet today. Are you needing additional support right now? If so, please let me know how I can assist as that's not clear.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I feel like after the emergency room visit and the first dosage of pain medication. I think we are gonna wait it out for now! But thank you so much for getting back to me.

Sure thing. If this changes please send another message. I'm just a few clicks away. Good luck!

Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 23 days ago

A pleasant good morning to you, JACustomer. Checking in with you today to see how your companion is doing. Will you provide me with an update and any additional questions you might have? If you are finished with our chat and do not need any additional help, please take the time to rate our discussion before signing off. I am not compensated by the website until this is completed. ​