Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just lost the link did you get the question about oreo.

Customer Question
I just lost the...

I just lost the link did you get the question about oreo

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog cavalier king Charles 9 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Cavalier King Charles?

Thank you vomited twice this morning on cephalexin for leg injury. Leg is in a splint it became infected.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Cavalier King Charles eat anything unusual?

No mess nothing unusal

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Cavalier King Charles's name?

Oreo,

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oreo?

She was just diagnosed with level two heart issue common for cavaliers. But not on meds ye for this. 4 weeks ago she lost her mate Bentley they were a bonded pair. He passed away at 12 due to cancer. Devistating to all but she seems ok the first few days were difficult for her.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 28 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Paul here

Oreo is doing okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
she is ok now resting.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
this is fine
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No call what doyou think is going on
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
do you have questions for me

How long has Oreo been on the Cephalexin for?

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Since 5/18 she had a follow up on Friday things appeared ok doc said to continue. she weighs 17 pounds pill is 250mg

Okay

It would be unusual for the meds to cause troubles this far out

Is the leg looking better?

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
We had the leg looked at by the vet on Saturday the 26th (wasn't Friday, sorry) and it looked fine. Today's vomit was mostly clear, some kibble came back up but nothing close to what she ate. First vomit was clear, second had a slight grrenish tint, might be bile or might be from the lamb stew she had. Big Gob of phlegm came up with the second vomit.

Okay

Lets give 10.0 mg of Pepcid AC now to settle the stomach

Do not offer any food

Water and pedialyte are fine

Update me in two hours

Do NOT give any more Cephalexin

Okay?

Paul

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
ok, we will give that a try. thanks.

Very welcome

I will look for your update

You can rate me now- I will leave this link open for you :)

Paul

Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 25 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul