Dog Veterinary

Connect one-on-one with a verified dog veterinarian who will answer your question

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

More related answers
All dog veterinarians are VERIFIED
My dog gets an insulin shot at 10:30 AM and 8:30 PM. I was
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Veterinary associate
My dog gets an insulin shot at 10:30 AM and 8:30 PM. I was not aware of the time tonight and gave her the shot around 740. Is that going to be OK for her?… read more
I am not sure if I gave my diabetic dog a second insulin
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Hello. I am not sure if I gave my diabetic dog a second insulin shot this evening. What symptoms should I watch for?… read more
I just received a dog who is diabetic and I need to give her
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian and practice owner
I just received a foster dog who is diabetic and I need to give her an insulin shot. I gave them to my mom but am not sure about the dog. I am taking her to the vet in the am. … read more
I missed my dogs feeding and insulin shot last night. Fed
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Doctoral Degree
I missed my dogs feeding and insulin shot last night. Fed him this morning and gave him his usual dosage of insulin. But now he had 2 seizures in 30 min. Should I give him sugar only or a mix of sugar… read more
Gave her insulin shot this morning as usual but she pulled
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian
Gave her insulin shot this morning as usual but she pulled away. Not sure she got it all if any. We are new to this. Will she be ok till the next shot? Should we wait the full 12 hours to give it? Tha… read more
I have westie and he is on 10 ml of insulin twice a day,
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Hi I have westie and he is on 10 ml of insulin twice a day, I gave our dog his insulin at 7:30 this morning with his food. We have just realised that my husband gave him 10ml again with food at 9 o cl… read more
Hi I am petsitting and I just gave the wrong dog an insulin
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Large and small animal Veterinarian
Hi I am petsitting and I just gave the wrong dog an insulin shot. The dog is a lab that weighs 300lbs. It was 8cc's in the shot. It was after a meal.… read more
My 11 yr old pug is a diabetic and the dog sitter gave him
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
My 11 yr old pug is a diabetic and the dog sitter gave him 10 units of insulin after his evening meal at 4:30 pm. The dose should have been 6 units. It is now 7:41 pm. He is acting normal. Should I be… read more
I accidentally missed the time I usually give my dog his insulin
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Veterinarian
I accidentally missed the time I usually give my dog his insulin shot. I fed him and gave it to him 2 hours late. Tonight - should I give the shot at the normal time and normal amount? Or should I adj… read more
Am I giving to much insulin to my dog her glucose reading is
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Veterinary associate
am I giving to much insulin to my dog her glucose reading is low after i gave her insulin shot… read more
My dog screams when I give her insulin shot. Am I doing something
Denise Colgrove
Denise Colgrove, Relief veterinarian
My dog screams when I give her insulin shot. Am I doing something wrong. I bring the insulin to room temp for 10 minutes. I heard this helps… read more
I gave my dog her 2cc insulin shot an hour late this am. Can
Heath Wilkerson
Heath Wilkerson, ER/ICU & Exotic Animal Veterinarian
I gave my dog her 2cc insulin shot an hour late this am. Can I give her evening shot on time? … read more
My diabetic dog is having tooth surgery tomorrow morning. I
CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, Veterinary Specialist
My diabetic dog is having tooth surgery tomorrow morning. I was told to give him his food at 12 am his insuline shot (his usual time is 12pm - 12 am or 1pm - 1am) and but I was not told whether or not… read more
dog: scratches..scabs on his body and vet gave him anitbotics..shot
Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Veterinarian
small dog scratches alot. Has scabs on his body and vet gave him anitbotics and a steriod shot for itching. They have not gone away and the itching has picked back up. please help!… read more
Yorkie is 10 yrs old. he had a small matter area come on his
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
yorkie is 10 yrs old. he had a small matter area come on his neck. I went to clean it and bathe him...it was kind of pussy. I cut the hair away and can clearly see a rounded inflamed area. I am sure i… read more
my dog is getting insulin shots now he is sick and will not
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
my dog is getting insulin shots now he is sick and will not eat, should i still give him his shot?… read more
Our dog is a 11 yr old Carin Terrier. Well cared for, all
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
Our dog is a 11 yr old Carin Terrier. Well cared for, all shots and checkups. We went on vacation and our dog was with our usual dog minder, no reported problems. We got him back, he has been eating g… read more
She has bumps all over her body and I am not sure if it's
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Doctors Degree
She has bumps all over her body and I am not sure if it's allergies or not. … read more