Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

It is my dad's 16 yr beagle, she is frequently urinating in…

Customer Question
It is my dad's...

It is my dad's 16 yr beagle, she is frequently urinating in the house, she squats for long periods of time with little or no output. there is times she has large amount of output. Her urine is straw yellow without bad odor.. when squatting she looks like she is spasming from her hind quarters. I understand that they squirt when they urinate. Her frequency has me concerned because shes urinating on his carpet and its not in the same spot. Dad has had her to the vet and was giving her amoxicillin 250 mg bid. since her last dose 2 weeks ago she is more active. I was just wondering if azo might be worth a try. dad is not ready to have her put to sleep and she doesn't show sx of being in allot of pain. any suggestions.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

?? lethargy

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 24 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?​