Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is licking starching in the inner and belly also

Customer Question
close to his privates. He...
My dog is licking starching in the inner and belly also close to his privates. He red irritated skin and hair is gone the area. He is constantly licking from being itchy. What could I give him? He is a big breed with thick coat ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

We used the was and the topical as I said. Here is a picture of his side and he just bites at it. And then his inner thigh by my husband said that is normal. I’m not sure how to send a picture.

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If your files won’t load they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If, by chance, you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

When I went out to take the pics my husband said in his inner thighs that’s normal. But on the side back the bald spot with a red bump. It looks better. So I’m thinking what we used for a shampoo and topical has helped. I think it’s a hot spot and I panicked. But it looks better today. Thank you so much.

If this returns let me know.

I will for sure. It looks so Much better today. But yes if it takes a turn back and it starts getting worse I will absolutely let you know. And again thank you for responding I was worried having to wait. But clearly I was meant to speak with you.

Typically we don't have near the delay but with the holiday everything is much busier on the website. I'll check in again with you in the days to come. Hopefully it's fully resolved :) Have a great day.

You also thank you-

You're welcome.