Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We found a puppy. The man who had the male puppy said that…

Customer Question
We found a young...

We found a young puppy. The man who had the male puppy said that he was a rescued dog. He said that the puppy was 8 weeks old. The pup is very skinny and he won't eat and drinks very little. When he does eat or drink he throws up shortly after. I can't get him into a vet until Thursday of next week. I'm very worried. What can we do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

No he hasn't eaten anything except hard dog food

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?

The man said he gave him a shot the day before. I don't know what kind. He said he should have his second shot the end of next week and gave my wife the other shot to give him. I'm afraid to do so until we find out what is going on.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
The puppy only weighed 3 lbs
He said that the puppy Mom was boxer and pit bull mix and the Dad was some kind of hound
The pup has thrown up several times since I started asking you questions
Are you going to answer me?
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?​

He died an hour ago

I'm so sorry to hear. I'll contact customer service for you.