Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is shaky. My dog just started shaking. Skittles. She…

Customer Question
My dog is shaky ...

My dog is shaky

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?

My dog just started shaking

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?

Skittles. She is about 10 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Skittles

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Skittles?

After my friend picked her up she stopped shivering. Her nose is warm. Feels like she has a fever

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 24 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
She’s under a heat lamp.., she’s been shaking from being cold but has now stopped.., I have been giving her infant Tylenol & electrolytes for infants has drank some water but has not eaten anyyhing

Tylenol can be toxic to dogs. How many milligrams have you given her, how often and how much does she weigh?

Have you taken her temperature?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed in the last few days (even if your pet regularly receives it)? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment? Addition of medication? Toxin ingestion?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?