Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

How can we tell if our yorkie ate something that made her…

Customer Question
How can we tell...

How can we tell if our yorkie ate something that made her sick. she vomited this morning before breakfast and the. some of her breakfast but lunch and dinner was OK. Her stool is very dark black and has gotten softer. She eats things on the floor but we ha e not seen this happen. a y idae?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Yorkie will be able to digest that. What is the Yorkie's name and age?

Lizzie a d she is 2.5 years old. her appitate loss is very concerning since she will eat anything. She does't want treat which is also very concering

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lizzie?

She tries to eat anything and 12 months ago chewed up a small razor blade and ate it and we had to go to University of Florida in Gainsville to use a scope to remo e the small pieces and 2 months ago she ate a small flexibe piece of plastic

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?