Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 4 year old terrier/dachund mix has scabs on the cartilage…

Customer Question
My 4 year old...

My 4 year old terrier/dachund mix has scabs on the cartilage of both ears same place inner part. Her litter mate that my daughter adopted & the 2 of them are together 75% of time, periodically licks this area on my dogs ears & I'm wondering if this licking could cause these scabs? My dog doesn't scratch her ears or appears to have any discomfort with these scabs. But still, I want to find out the cause.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Bria.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bria?

She's a healthy, energetic dog. Good appetite. Nothing else seems to be an issue.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/28/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Sean Egan,
 replied 2 months ago
Sean Egan

Hi there, this is Dr. Sean. I’ll be happy to answer your question about Bria.
Please ignore any request for a phone call service. Those are automatically generated by the website and I cannot stop that from occurring. I can answer your question in this text chat.

Could you post a picture of these lesions in the ears for me?