Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

How can you tell if your dog has cattaracks. I think my dog…

Customer Question
How can you tell...

How can you tell if your dog has cattaracks

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

I think my dog has cattaracks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

He sometimes try to wipe his eyes he looks like ther is a cloud on his eyes or something in his eyes cloudy sometimes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is your dog's name and age?

Almost 13 this year and his name is toby

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Toby?

13 yrs this year he is a mini dauchoound

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?

I give him med daily for seizures his eyes are cloudy some times in places not all over i was told 2 months he is geting cataracks how l ong does it takie for them to go blind and can i give him something to help him what are the cost for surgery for cataracks

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 24 days ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, if you are noticing your dog's eyes getting cloudy this may be a condition called "Lenticular Sclerosis," which basically means the lens is getting old. It does not interfere with vision and requires no treatment. I would have your family veterinarian check his eyes to determine if this is Lenticular Sclerosis or cataracts.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 22 days ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter