Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog Tobi is a beagle mix. He is more or less 10 years…

Customer Question
My dog Tobi is...

My dog Tobi is a beagle mix. He is more or less 10 years old. He has been diagnosed with liver disease a few years ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sure Tobi feels you are doing your best. What is the matter with Tobi?

He seems to have arthritist at his left leg, he is pulling it and it is above ground when he walks. He remains to have a good appetite and drink a lot as well. He sleeps most of the time. My sister feels we should put him to sleep.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help Tobi. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tobi?

He still eats and drinks well. He is also blind for 2 years now. He manages to go around the kitchen and the living room and in the backyard. We used to bring him to short walks although he is blind. He enjoys walking.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 30 days ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any history of a trauma or fall?

Is he holding the leg up or dragging it?

If you feel up and down the leg, any swellings, tender spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Any joint swellings or puffiness?