Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Kelpi has swollen, sore looking lips on both sides of his…

Customer Question
My Kelpi has swollen...

My Kelpi has swollen, sore looking lips on both sides of his mouth in the back-where the upper and lower lips meet. It seems to itching him as he uses his rear foot to scratch. He's a bit pink and swollen. We have no chemicals in our yard nor contagen on any of our other dogs. He eats from a porcelin bowl and we feed him the same Kirkland brand food he's eaten for years.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

"Ranger" is 2 years old, very athletic and in great shape. Just saw the vet several days ago for a nail trim.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ranger?

Doesn't dig nor eat on rodents, birds or rabbits. Chews hard bones and some rawhide. Out all day today....did see him gnawing and old bone from outside

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 27 days ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had these signs?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.