Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 1 year old dog has a large lump in her arm pit. it does…

Customer Question
My 1 year old...

My 1 year old dog has a large lump in her arm pit. it does pain her if i press it. but aside from that, she is acting completely normal.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?

Harley.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harley?

No. she seems completely health. she is a healthy weight, very active, eating and drinking normally. I noticed the lump about a week ago. it seems to have grown slightly over the last week.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 29 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you

I am one of the veterinarians authorized on this site to answer questions by text and/or phone

If you would like to just text then please ignore the phone call request from the site

Any way to get me a photo?

Soft or firm

Freely moveable?

Paul

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have pictures. The lump is oval shaped, it is firm, but I can press it and it will move slightly. It does not feel liquid filled, but it doesn't feel fully solid either. The oval is about the size of a quarter now. It only moves when pressed, but goes right back into place when I take my thumb away. And it does bother her only when pressed. She seems fine and playful otherwise and is not avoiding playing or rough housing.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I won't allow me to send the other picture. :/