Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Just had my Pet Carmel into clinic vets office yesterday had…

Customer Question
Just had my Pet...

Just had my Pet Carmel into clinic vets office yesterday had surgery tumor on upper thigh had tumore removed her insition has opened about a 1/4 of an inch can I put surgical tape on her can't afford to go to emergency vet they want 130. 00 just see her with exam no sucheres no meds.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

She is 3 yrs old weighs 53 pds Austrialiian cattle dog. love her so much

Veterinarian's Assistant: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the Australian Cattle Dog's name?

Carmel

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Carmel?

They don't know if tumore was maglignint they tested her liver and kidneys no malignetcy.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 22 days ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear that Carmel's incision is open 1/4th of an inch. As long as she does not get at it and chew or bite at it and make it bigger, she should be OK. A little surgical tape would be fine. It is important to keep her from the incision if she is licking or biting it.

You can put a little Neosporin or other topical antibiotic on it, before applying the tape.

I hope you were able to see my responses; I have not heard from you. How is Carmel doing?

Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 19 days ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian