Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Puppy, almost 3 months old. Rescued from drug house at 5…

Customer Question
Puppy, almost 3 months...

Puppy, almost 3 months old. Rescued from drug house at 5 weeks. As of yesterday showing signs of coccidio and/or parvo. Is consumin small amounts of water on her own. Haven't been able to get her to the vet yet as we care for an alzheimers patient and ileostomy patient (parents). Have been administering pedialyte. Vomiting has slowed but diarrhea is watery and bloody. No appetite. Our are has no emergency vets within 45 miles.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

She chewed a small trigger tube in half that had insecticidal residue. That was about 5 days ago. I expected to see loose stools following but she acted fine. Normal appetite and stool. Playful behavior. Yesterday, her lethargy showed and last night came the bloody stool. I have seen parvo before but I'm not sure where she would have cotracted it. She doesn't leave our yard and the previous home owners didn't have pets

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

LunsLoo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about LunsLoo?

LunaLoo

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
5/27/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 24 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you tell me more about LunaLoo's veterinary history? When was she last seen for vaccines?

Are you seeing blood in the vomit?

Are any medications being given at this time?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
We took her to an emergency vet. After 4.5 hours, a negative parvo test and a few other tests, she has a GI bleed, anemia and hypoglycemia. Im just trying to keep her hydrated and hope she'll hold on until Tues. So we can take her to our local vet. We rescued her recently and haven't been able to get her to the vet yet. Our job is salary and once a month so we are between paydays.

Are you seeing blood in the vomit?

Are any medications being given at this time ?